On offer at Sainsburys now- a delicious, ripe, fruity Sauvignon Blanc with full flavours of gooseberries. It is, in my opinion, comparable with Oyster Bay (previously reviewed) and a steal at £5.99.
Try it with an herby dish such as this easy cod bake from BBC Good Food’s ‘101 Fish and seafood dishes’…
Herby cod bake (its low fat and less than 250 calories per portion!)
– serves 2
– takes just 5 minutes to prepare!
4tbsp low fat natural yogurt
2tbsp sun dried tomato pesto
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or dill (I prefer dill with this dish but it’s up to you!)
2 skinless cod or haddock fillets about 175g each (haddock is cheaper and more environmentally friendly)
Salad and crusty bread to serve
1. Preheat the grill to high
2. Mix the yoghurt, pesto and half of the parsley or dill
3. Place the fish in an ovenproof dish, season and pour over the yoghurt mixture
4. Grill for 10-12 minutes without turning until the fillets are cooked through (the recipe book actually says 4-5 minutes but for me this was nowhere near long enough)
5. Sprinkle the remaining parsley or dill over the fish and serve with salad and crusty bread